Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Art of Creating

Hi Everyone,
I have been challenged lately to discover where paper crafting fits into my life and existence. At times, it is my lifeline that rescues me from feeling overwhelmed and completely insane and other times, it is simply an outlet for creativity. Whatever it is that drives me to create with paper and scissors, the fact is I love it and I love creating. I don't know what I would do without this hobby.  It all began for me when I was invited to a "Creative Memories" crop at the age of 19. I fell in love with paper and scrapbooking. I guess it is the warm feeling that I get during the act of creating something that I enjoy the most. I also enjoy the shopping aspect of the hobby, where I can purchase beautiful paper and stamps in all kinds of patterns and colors. Whatever the reason for my obsession with this hobby is, the fact is I love it and I feel it has truly saved me from many difficult times in my life.  I hope you all will find some time this week to create something.....Now on to my crafty share.....
I created this card with the new "Digital Doodles" stamp called "Party Hats". You can purchase it HERE. I also used tons of "October Afternoon" papers I added some glitter to the party hats to add a little sparkle and interest.


I couldn't just stop at one card this time. I envisioned putting these party hats on my owl stamp from "Hero Arts".  I just loved these party hats so much! So I created a mini card set last night when I had some free time.
Thanks for dropping by today, I hope your week is fabulous :)
Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Love your card and mini cards! I think the party hats are great on those little owls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok how adorable are these. those owls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both cute - but that first one is WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love those cards. That owl is sooo cute! Great job!!! Amy Tara

    ReplyDelete