Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sky's the limit

Hi Everyone,
I haven't been updating my blog as much as I should be and I apologize for that. I really have grand hopes for this blog and plan to make it a little more interactive where we all can learn from each other. I also want to help you out by providing tips and videos for scrapbooking and card making. This blog is still a work in progress so please be patient with me : ) Lately, I have had so many ideas running around in my brain that I just wanted to get in my craft room and create. This past weekend, I was working on a few projects that I will share on Wednesday. I am so excited to share these projects with all of you that I can hardly wait :)

Now on to the project for today......
I designed this card using the new "Digital Doodles" stamp release from Kathy Martin. It is called "K is for Kite" and is a very versatile and fabulous stamp. I began making my card by copying the kite stamp onto the cloud paper. Next I made several copies of the Kite stamp on various sheets of colored cardstock and paper pieced the kite together. I typed my sentiment and printed it out on the computer.

I attached small buttons to the kite strings for a little dimension...
I thought it would be fun to add a row of hearts on the bottom of my card just to add a little bit of interest. I really think the hearts turned out cute :)

Card Recipe
Border punches: Fiskars(threading water) and Ek Success
Hearts Punch: (not sure has been in my scrap stash for years)
Digital Stamp: "K is for Kite" "Digital Doodles" available at Two Peas in a Bucket
Cardstock: Bazzil
Buttons: Recollections at Michaels
Computer Font: "Everytime I Miss You"
Cloud Paper: Doodlebug



6 comments:

  1. Very cute card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card. Love everything about it. Can;t wait til tomorrow to see your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is soooooooo fun and I love the colors and details! I look forward to seeing your other projects this week Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute this card!
    I loved the buttons!

    Congratulations.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is just the CUTEST!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little heart accents along the bottom are just plain the cutest way to add cute stuff to a card! LOVE all of it.

    ReplyDelete